Hi All,

I'm attempting to get rudimentary support for a Vertica deployment
using an ODBC connector.  According to their docs, their dialect is
mostly compatible with Oracle and SQLServer dialects.  create_engine()
using 'mssql+pyodbc' seems to work but upon attempting to execute a
simple select statement, I get a programming error indicating the
following failed to run:

    'SELECT user_name() as user_name;'

So it seems the dialect is getting some additional state under the
hood.  lib/sqlalchemy/dialects/mssql/pyodbc.py appears to be hooking
PyODBCConnector and MSDialect together.  Is it possible to specify
another dialect here?  If so, is there any documentation on how to do
so?