My reading of the original email is that configuring the mapping is the
problem that the OP is having.

To the OP: As far as I'm aware, you can't configure a mapper directly
against a textual SQL statement. However, you might be able to get away
with using the declarative syntax to define your Car class:

http://www.sqlalchemy.org/docs/reference/ext/declarative.html#synopsis

You'll have to give it a table name, which will have the effect of
defining a Table object even though no such table exists in the
database, but I don't think this matters. Then you could use the query
that Mike suggested to actually retrieve rows.

Hope that helps,

Simon