Hello,
I am working on an application that inserts ~30000 rows. Each of them
with a self-generating column (auto increment)

I have them all in a list, and I perform a session.add_all(list)

My problem is that the insert process is extremely slow. I inspected
the SQL queries and saw that for every item there is a SQL statement.
Obviously it is very slow, as multiple insert statements vs insert
statement of multiple items is much slower.

Naturally, the problem is that SA collects the generated id, that is
why every statement is executed alone, and than the generated id is
retrieved.

I was wondering though, is there some kind of a more efficient
mechanism?
At least on MySQL, under InnoDB [or with table locking] all the items
can be inserted, and individual Id's can be calculated.
Is there any development there?

Moreover, even if self-generating id is not involved, there will
always be multiple insert statements.
So generally, is there a more efficient insert mechanism available for
SA?

Regards,
Mati