PaulE wrote:
> All,
>
> I want to do a two-phase commit.
> Published examples are more complex than what I need.
> To put it another way, I don't want to use the ORM.
> Here is what I want to do:

> A similar thread
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/sqlalchemy/browse_thread/thread/b9e42756eb2513b0/a372495356e4eb5e?lnk=raot

If you dont want to use the ORM or Session, you can use connections
directly, using "begin_twophase" to get back a transaction, and
prepare()/commit() on each transaction.   begin_twophase is here:

http://www.sqlalchemy.org/docs/reference/sqlalchemy/connections.html?highlight=begin_twophase#sqlalchemy.engine.base.Connection.begin_twophase

it appears I need to add TwoPhaseTransaction to the docs but its like:

engine1 = create_engine(...)
engine2 = create_engine(...)
conn1 = engine1.connect()
conn2 = engine2.connect()
trans1 = conn1.begin_twophase()
trans2 = conn2.begin_twophase()

trans1.prepare()
trans2.prepare()
trans1.commit()
trans2.commit()
conn1.close()
conn2.close()

the notes that Ants Aasma has in that thread are also significant.