This is one example...

 session.query(YourClass).update(values = dict(tag = "a"))

the previous one modifies field named tag to "a" for every record.

You can filter before doing update. For example...
from sqlalchemy.sql import and_
 session.query(YourClass).filter(and_(YourClass.field1 == "any value",
YourClass.otherfield == None ))update(values = dict(tag = "a"))