Hi all,

I'm using Oracle and PostgreSQL with SQLAlchemy and I have some troubles to make the code compatible with both of them.
Numeric sa type returns a different type with oracle and pg.

For example, in the following table I'm using the Column 'importo' with type Numeric as:

tbl['prestazione'] = Table('prestazione', database.metadata,
Column('id', Integer, Sequence('prestazione_seq'), nullable=False, primary_key=True),
       Column('data', Date, nullable=False),
       Column('quantita', Numeric(15,3)),
       Column('importo', Numeric(12,3))
)

while oracle returns a float type as:

prestazione.c.importo = 12.0

postgres returns a Decimal type as:

prestazione.c.importo = Decimal("0.000")

and I have difficulties to make code compatible, because sometimes the program raises a TypeError error as:

   TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'Decimal' and 'float'

Is there some w.a. to avoid this thing?

thank you,