Chris Withers wrote:
> Michael Bayer wrote:
>> Chris Withers wrote:
>>> ..."python setup.py test" probabyl would, but only for the test run.
>>>
>>> Might be worth mentioning in README.unittests that you need to manually
>>> install nose...
>>
>> this is not clear enough ?
>>
>> "As of 0.5.5, unit tests are run using nose.  Documentation and
>> downloads for nose are available at:"
>>
>> "http://somethingaboutorange.com/mrl/projects/nose/0.11.1/index.html";
>
> Not really, most people nowadays, myself included, when they know that a
> project is setuptools-based, expect it to pull down its dependencies.

ha, "most".  did you do a survey ? :)    "nose" is not a dependency to use
 SQLAlchemy, only if you're running its own unit tests.

We've gone this far without setup.py install/develop needing to download
any dependencies, so I'm not inclined to change setup.py in this regard
since "nose" isn't really a "dependency" for "most" people :).

> Short version; it's probably easier to add a few words saying "unless
> you're doing 'python setup.py test' you will have to manually install
> nose" to jolt stupid people like me into doing so...

you have the keys to the kingdom, no need to ask me permission to add more
documentation.....