If it is a feature you'd prefer to eventually get rid of, I will not
use it.  You are correct that not *everything* that is fetched do I
need a strong ref to.

You said:
> There's no "problem" with the strong map other than its a configuration
> switch that adds to potential confusion, and when in use now demands that the
> Session be used in a very specific way, else the program's memory usage will
> grow unbounded.

My assumption is that the strong map exists on the session object?
Further, when the session object is closed, these references are gone
and this memory will be garbage-collected, correct?

In other words, for my understanding, or others reading the list, in a
framework where a session's life cycle only lasted as long as a web
service call, the threat of the program's memory growing unbounded is
non-existent, correct?

Kent