Hi All,

I want our production systems to start caring about the versions of their schemas. sqlalchemy-migrate was the first project I came across which addresses this. What other projects should I look at in this area, or is sqlalchemy-migrate the obvious choice?

If it is, how can I, in my application, check what version of the schema the current database is? (the idea being that the app will refuse to start unless the schema version is that expected by the app)

Related: how can I short circuit this when the database is empty and bump the schema version up to the latest for the app? (ie: dev instances, where the process is to blow the db away often so no need for migration)

cheers,

Chris