Hi.

In a project using SQLAlchemy I decided to use the SQL nose plugin, in
order to avoid reinventing the wheel.

Unfortunately it seems the plugin is a bit too invasive and it will only
work with SQLAlchemy test suite.

The problem is with the wantClass method, that pratically will ignore
all normal test cases.

Fortunately, in my case I use an additional nose plugin:
http://bitbucket.org/mperillo/nose-tree

and increasing its score solved the problem.

Is is possible to modify the SQLAlchemy nose plugin in order to be more
cooperative?
As an example by adding an option that will change the wantClass method from

  if not issubclass(cls, testing.TestBase):
      return False
  else:
      if (hasattr(cls, '__whitelist__') and testing.db.name in
cls.__whitelist__):
          return True
      else:
          return not self.__should_skip_for(cls)

to something like (not tested):

  if self.sa_only and not issubclass(cls, testing.TestBase):
      return False

  if issubclass(cls, testing.TestBase):
      if (hasattr(cls, '__whitelist__') and testing.db.name in
cls.__whitelist__):
          return True
      else:
          return not self.__should_skip_for(cls)