Michael Bayer ha scritto:
> [...]
>> A precisation.
>>
>> The reason I used the sa_only flag is because I assumed there was a
>> reason why test cases not derived from testing.TestBase must be ignored.
>>
>> If possible, the wantMethod should be something like:
>>
>>  if not issubclass(cls, testing.TestBase):
>>      # Skip
>>      return None
>>  else:
>>      if (hasattr(cls, '__whitelist__') and testing.db.name in
>> cls.__whitelist__):
>>          return True
>>      else:
>>          return not self.__should_skip_for(cls)
>>

>> Another problem I found when using SQLAlchemy nose plugin is that
>> warnings are configured to raise exceptions, and this is a problem for me.
>
> OK my thought here is that yeah, this is likely a problem for you,

Right now, fortunately, I have solved all the problems.

And the only thing I use from SQLA plugin is testing.db, so that I don't
have to hard write the database to use.

I would like to use support for skipping test for specified dialects,
but it is not a big issue (and given the way nose plugins work, I can
not use the SQLA plugin implementation).

> [...]
>>
>> By the way: what is the reason why testing.Test does not derive from
>> unittest.TestCase?
>
> nose doesn't require unittest.   Ideally we would be able to run tests that
> don't derive from any class at all.

I have a bad experience with this, using nose.

In my code I use functions like setup_testing_defaults, and by default
nose try to execute it as a test.

The first time I used nose, I got several failure and I took some time
to understand what was going on.

I had to write a custom plugin, to change this.

Another advantace of using UnitTest classes, is that test execution can
be pretty printed in a tree (I liked the output produced by
twisted.trial, and I have tried to reproduce it for nose).

> [...]
> Since nose has taken a deep dive into the "its author can't support it
> anymore" category,

I was not aware of nose state.

> I'm waiting for the next de-facto test library (nose2 i think it was called
> ?)

If I remember correctly there is an unittest2 project for the standard
library.

Regards  Manlio