Hi

    I am using Oracle with SQLalchemy in my application.
    1. The SQLalchemy documentation gives the following as the connect
string for Oracle

            sqlalchemy.url=oracle://user:passw...@localhost:1521/
SID_name

   2. The above connect string does not seem to work in my
application.
    I get the following error:
           sqlalchemy.exc.DatabaseError: (DatabaseError) ORA-12505:
TNS:listener does not currently
                             know of SID given in connect descriptor

  3. However, my application works without the SID_name as shown
below:

            sqlalchemy.url=oracle://user:passw...@localhost:1521

  4. I created the database schema in Oracle DBManager using the
"Create User" menu option

   Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?
   I would appreciate any help.

  Thanks