Hi,

I hope everyone's well here. It's been some time since I posted. Great
to see it up to 0.6, and even more progress on MS-SQL (although I'm
now unlikely to be using that).

As always, I'm using SQLAlchemy as part of a web app. I have a set of
checkboxes, which I'm saving into an M:M relation. The app receives a
list of IDs from the client. To save these to the M:M, I need them as
database objects. So I'm doing (roughly):

myobj.relation = [OtherTable.get(i) for i in ids]

The problem with this is it's causing a database query for each id.
What I'd really like to do is somehow create a "placeholder" object
with just the id, that doesn't cost a database query to create. After
that, I'll trust flush() to do its magic as efficiently as possible.

Paul