Michael Bayer wrote:
http://svn.zope.org/zope.interface/trunk/setup.py?view=auto

we wanted to annoy buildout/setuptools/Glyph as much as possible, and I am
happy to say we succeeded.

I hope you're joking :-S

The issue of them not building by default wasn't that they might not build, just that they have not been widely tested, and its C code, and we really didn't want people complaining that SQLAlchemy makes their application core dump.

But that's what we have a wonderful and shiny set of unit tests for, right? :-)

Not sure if we'd want to change this default midway through 0.6 or wait til 0.7.

Fair enough, but this is sadly one of those things where you're only likely to find the edge cases when you do make it "on by default"...

Chris