Hi Mike,

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 09:07:15 -0400, Michael Bayer <mike...@zzzcomputing.com>
wrote:

> On Jul 27, 2010, at 1:34 AM, Faheem Mitha wrote:

>> My usage is slightly non-standard - a foreign key pointing to a
>> foreign key.

> that never worked, most likely.  its very complicated to get the
> types to propagate up a chain like that, and all on a deferred
> execution, in a reasonable way.

Right.

>> Ok. Well, it should be removed from the docs, I guess.

> it has.  Its mentioned in one place with a huge caveat.  Where are
> you reading this ?

When I started writing the application in question I was using 0.4,
and I was reading Essential Sqlalchemy at the time too. That was
November 2008. So probably either the 0.4 docs or Essential SQLA
mentioned the option of leaving the type blank.

I just changed the app to state the ForeignKey types explicitly. This
kind of inference is handy, especially when one is changing types. but
I suppose the db would catch inconsistencies anyway.

                                                       Regards, Faheem.