On Wednesday, August 25, 2010 12:26:42 Rawlins wrote:
> Hello Guys,
>
> Do we have support for CouchDB with SQlAlchemy? Can't seem to find
> much information anywhere so I'm guessing not, just thought I would
> check.

The "SQL" in SQLAlchemy pretty much says it all. The whole way CouchDB and
RDBMS operate differs in so many respects that a sensible abstraction for both
of them makes no sense without it being leaky as the Deep Water Horizon oil
well...

For example, views in couchdb have to be persistent to be effective, whereas
the power of RDMBS is to be able to deal reasonably well with ad-hoc build
queries. Transactions and normalization are other problematic topics...

Diez