Hi, Simon

You nailed it! Thanks a million for the guidance and suggestion - it worked
like a bomb. I simply removed the "offending" append statement and my double
entries have disappeared, end the entry still persists to the database. (It
seems so simple and obvious with the benefit of insight and hindsight,
doesn't it?)

Once again, thanks.

Greetings