you'd want to hook this in using a Python standard deviation function with
sqlite3's create_aggregate():

http://docs.python.org/library/sqlite3.html#sqlite3.Connection.create_aggregate

SQLAlchemy can pass you the connection when first created via poollistener:

http://www.sqlalchemy.org/docs/core/interfaces.html?highlight=poollistener#sqlalchemy.interfaces.PoolListener

Then call any function with SQLA using "func.<name>".
func.my_standard_deviation_function(xyz)