On May 10, 8:16 pm, Michael Bayer <mike...@zzzcomputing.com> wrote:
> On May 10, 2011, at 2:12 PM, Michael Bayer wrote:
>

> > The purpose of events is to provide hooks into points inside of
> > SQLAlchemy's internal processes that would otherwise be impossible.
> > Adding events outside of its internal processes just to suit various use
> > cases begins to turn it into a framework, which is not what SQLAlchemy is.
>
> though let me add, the new events system is fairly easy to extend - a custom
> Session subclass and a custom event base class could extend the event style
> of coding to a wider range of operations.
>
> http://www.sqlalchemy.org/docs/07/core/event.html

How would you implement something like outer_after_update() with the
current events system ? SessionExtension.after_flush_postexec() seems
to be the only event executed out of the flush process, but how do you
retrieve the instances that were modified during the flush ? And how
can you tell if an insert or an update occurred for each instance ?