Thanks for the quick reply.

A "generic" dialect like the one you mentioned would satisfy all of
the use cases I personally run into when using DBFs.  Having one
available would certainly be handy but using the other available
modules is no big deal right now.  The database aspect will be hidden
from the rest of the code anyway, so upgrading in the future shouldn't
be a big deal.

I hadn't considered converting it to sqlite, I'll definitely look into
that one.

Thanks again for the help.