SQAlchemy 0.7.1 / pyscopg 2.2.1 / PostgreSQL 9.0

I have a weird problem with orm queries that contain custom functions,
in this case from postgres contrib modules. When I do a query like
this

session.query(Entity, func.similarity(Entity.string,
'querystring')).all() # postgres pg_trgm extension

I will get the error below. However, when I specify one or all the
columns of the Entity individually it works. It also works if the
function is in the .order_by() clause.

Any ideas where the problem could come from?

-----

/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/sqlalchemy/orm/query.pyc in
all(self)
   1675
   1676         """
-> 1677         return list(self)
   1678
   1679     @_generative(_no_clauseelement_condition)

/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/sqlalchemy/orm/query.pyc in
instances(self, cursor, _Query__context)
   1916
   1917             if filter:
-> 1918                 rows = filter(rows)
   1919
   1920             if context.refresh_state and self._only_load_props
\

/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/sqlalchemy/util/
_collections.pyc in unique_list(seq, hashfunc)
    594     if not hashfunc:
    595         return [x for x in seq
--> 596                 if x not in seen
    597                 and not seen.__setitem__(x, True)]
    598     else:

TypeError: an integer is required