Under 0.5 I was able to turn echo on and off as desired to support
debugging; it doesn't seem to work now.

Python version: 2.7.1
SQLAlchemy version: 0.7.1

Here's the code:

from sqlalchemy import *
eng1 = create_engine('sqlite:///')
meta1 = MetaData(bind=eng1)
tab_a = Table('x', meta1,
    Column('id',Integer, primary_key=True))
meta1.create_all()
conn = eng1.connect()
conn.execute(tab_a.insert())
x=conn.execute(select([tab_a])).fetchone()
eng1.echo=True
conn.execute(tab_a.delete().where(tab_a.c.id==x.id))

Under 0.5.8 The SQL for the delete is echoed, under 0.7 (and I think 0.6) it
is not.
If I move the echo=True before the select, both the select and delete are
echoed.
It looks like there might be a subtle difference since 0.5 that keeps the
logging from taking effect immediately when echo is changed.

P.S. Now as I try to reverify it, I have to move the echo=True all the way
before the connect() to get it to echo.

--
Mike Conley