No Python logging calls are emitted, which means, log.info() and log.debug()
*are not called at all*,  if logging.isEnabledFor() returns False, which itself
is only checked upon Connection construction.   These calls are all
unreasonably expensive so they aren't used if not necessary.

That's what the paragraph means when it says "only emitting log statements when
the current logging level".