On Sep 8, 2011, at 11:37 AM, Victor Olex wrote:

> Pyodbc issue 209 works fine in my setup.

that is very strange ?   There are files missing from the .zip.  If you
installed from the zip I don't see how it built for you.  Here's the original
issue:

http://code.google.com/p/pyodbc/issues/detail?id=192

> I think the key thing is
> matching SQL Server version with the correct TDS protocol version and
> correct FreeTDS version.

I use tds version 8.0 for this particular DSN and that is working fine in
production with FreeTDS 0.82, on both linux and OSX platforms.   These issues
have all been introduced with FreeTDS 0.91.   Here, I tried 7.2 and got
slightly better results, though unicode round trips still fail when Python
unicodes are passed.    PyODBC still dies with "MemoryError" if I attempt to
query for a table that already exists.

> Also with regards to your Mac testing, check
> if you have the libiconv installed and that FreeTDS is built with it.
> http://www.freetds.org/userguide/config.htm

yup that's in my configure:

checking for iconv... yes
checking how to link with libiconv... -liconv
checking for iconv declaration... install-shextern size_t iconv (iconv_t cd,
char * *inbuf, size_t *inbytesleft, char * *outbuf, size_t *outbytesleft);