On 12/09/11 00:56, Michael Bayer wrote:
You use the "func" construct to invoke a function.  This can be passed to an
execute() method directly where it should embed itself into a SELECT:

        from sqlalchemy import func

        result = engine.execute(func.name_of_my_pg_function(1, 2, 3))
So does it mean that name_of_my_pg_function is should be the name of the
concerned stored procedure?
And let's say if I am using an ide for Python like pydev with eclipse, will func. give me list of those procedures which are available for calling?
happy hacking.
Krishnakant.

Manipulation of cursors is not supported by SQLAlchemy beyond calling the basic
fetchone()/fetchmany()/fetchall() methods of DBAPI.   If you need non-standard cursor
control methods like "scroll()",  you can no longer use engine.execute() and
need to use psycopg2 cursors directly:

        http://initd.org/psycopg/docs/cursor.html

To get at a psycopg2 cursor from a SQLAlchemy engine:

        connection = engine.raw_connection()
        cursor = connection.cursor()

Usage is then that described at http://initd.org/psycopg/docs/cursor.html

        cursor.execute("SELECT my_pg_function(%(param1)s, %(param2)s,
%(param3)s)", {'param1':1, 'param2':2, 'param3':3})

hope this helps !