On Oct 13, 2011, at 4:30 PM, jn wrote:

> Using:
> SQLAlchemy-0.7.2
> python_sybase-0.40pre1
> Sybase ASE 12.5.3
>
> I have column:
>  edate = Column(DateTime, nullable=False, quote=False)
>
> This is info printed using the fetched row:
>  type: <type 'DateTimeType'>
>  edate: Jan 28 2009 12:00AM
>  edate year: 2009
>  edate month: 0
>
> Why is the month zero-based? (I can't tell where the origin of this
> is, since mxDateTime & sybase are 1-based)

It's not SQLAlchemy - we take what python-sybase gives us and send it straight
on.    It should be sending back a Python datetime object which does not accept
"0" for a month, not sure how you're getting a zero or what type of object
you're getting.

The sybase DBAPIs are *extemely* buggy and have a very low userbase - this is
largely the product of Sybase itself.   Expect to hit a lot of gotchas.

For this issue I'd create a python-sybase only (no SQLAlchemy) test case,
confirm you get the same broken date back under the same conditions, and report
a bug to the python-sybase authors.   Or otherwise illustrate a properly
working python-sybase script and exactly what SQLAlchemy usage is not returning
that result - the above snippet is not specific enough for me to take any
action upon.