hi,

is there a way to pass a parameter to a subquery inside a select mapped
to a class? the generated query looks like this:

select * from (
    select distinct on (some_table.id) some_table.id, ... from
some_table where some_condition
) as v join ...

the outer select is mapped to a class, but when i try to query on that
class, the conditions are naturally applied to the outer query. because
of distinct in the subquery, i get random results. i need to put
conditions on the inner query. (and yes, I do need that distinct in
there. i can't put it to the outer query because that messes with order
by. i can't use group by because not all columns respond to aggregates.)

should I just drop the orm for this specific case?

thanks,
burak