I'm new to sqlalchemy and was looking at a good starting point. I currently
have
an application which has multiple threads at certain parts, some of which need
access to the same sqlite database at the same time. Mostly only one writing
but
sometimes more than one thread will need to write to the database. So simply
using sqlite3 wont cut it.

I was under the impression that this kind of setup can be achieved with
sqlalchemy but I was wondering which sort of setup with engine, pools and a
design pattern to best achieve this would be?

Performance isn't a huge concern as small amounts of data will be being written
at a time so blocking or queueing would be acceptable solutions.

Thanks!