Hi all,

I'm seeing this error intermittently in my application since switching to
MySQL - it occurs on several different pages and I can't track down why:

StatementError: Can't reconnect until invalid transaction is rolled back
(original cause: InvalidRequestError: Can't reconnect until invalid
transaction is rolled back) 'SELECT [... the same select every time, which
gets a user from the database]

I have searched on the error and read the various discussions, for example
this one:

http://groups.google.com/group/sqlalchemy/browse_thread/thread/a8031eefc4d5d0cd

My understanding is that somewhere in my code I need to be ensuring that I
do rollback/commit/close when the operation is complete. The problem is...
where? Is there a way I can get a log to see the original query/point in my
code which triggers the error.

If it is relevant, I'm using Pyramid and have recently also suffered from
'MySQL has gone away errors'.

Thanks,
Ben

[also described this problem on the Pyramid list, apologies to those of you
that subscribe to both]