I'm working on translating some existing MS-dialect SQL over to
SQLAlchemy(0.6.7) and I've run into a statement that's giving me a
little trouble:

UPDATE version SET doc =document.doc
FROM document, version
WHERE version.elnumber = document.elnumber
AND version.elnumber = ?
AND version.version = ?

>From what I could tell from the SA documentation there is no support
for the nonstandard  'from' clause in updates in the expression
language and that you should use correlated updates instead. However,
the 'doc' column is of type 'image' which is invalid in subqueries
according to an error message from my database driver.

Is there anything I can do in SA's expression language or will I have
to use a hand-written statement in this case?