On Dec 22, 2011, at 7:28 PM, Michael Bayer wrote:

> this could work really nicely with extend_existing, which has been enhanced
> in 0.7.4, but there seem to be some glitches preventing it from being super
> nice, so I can't get that to work right now.  Just send in those columns via
> your own means:

Those glitches have a pending patch in ticket 2356:
http://www.sqlalchemy.org/trac/ticket/2356  See the modified example case
there.  In 0.7.5 your use case will work exactly as you intend, where you'll be
able to add Column objects to your declared class that will take precedence
over what's autoloaded.