In http://www.sqlalchemy.org/trac/changeset/7025%3A0a6576abea5b#file1
you added a warning that I'm hitting now.

'when "save-update" cascade is disabled, or the target object is
otherwise not
present in the session, and collection/scalar changes have taken
place. A warning
is emitted describing the type of operation, the target reference, and
the relationship
description, stating that the operation will not take place.'

Do you think it is appropriate to skip the warning if the object isn't
in the session *and* the "save-update" cascade is disabled?

With *both* conditions present, it would seem the user has arranged
them as such intentionally (at least in my case).  Either that or they
messed up twice (I suppose that is the more conservative approach,
huh?)

Possibly consider a different warning for that case?  I like the idea
of raising this warning, but only if one or the other conditions
exist, but not both.