On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 6:27 AM, Andrey Popp <8may...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I've managed quite efficient inlining with bytecode magic. It's especially
>> effective with SQLA code, since it also specializes the inlined function,
>> removing a lot of dead code (in the call context).
>
> That's pretty interesting!
>
>> I could share the code if you're interested, but it is rather hard to
>> maintain (it's tied to the bytecode, which is version-specific in CPython)
>> and it's experimental code, so it's rather ugly.
>
> Yeah, that would be great, thanks!

Finally, I got access to it.

So, this[0] is the core code. The easiest way to invoke it is to
install it as an import hook (see the function install), that will
process all imports from then on.

The code is only tested in 2.6, and has issues with 2.7, not to
mention 3.x. Might work with 2.5/2.4 though.

[0] http://pastebin.com/9TN6zJKc