I've looked at Migrate with a particular application in mind (that I won't be able to get started on for a while), and now I see that Alembic is its successor. So, hoping to be able to use Alembic, and maybe influence its development, a couple of questions:

I have a large, fairly complex MSSQL schema, with hundreds of tables and SPs, views, triggers, etc. I'd like to "put it under change management". Is this feasible with Alembic? If so, what would be involved in getting started? Also, I'm dealing with multiple customer databases using this schema, and not all at the same "revision level". Would it be feasible to use Alembic in this kind of situation?

To add a wrinkle: we're starting work to port the schema to PostgreSQL. Could we manage the MSSQL and PostgreSQL implementations in parallel with Alembic?

Thanks,

--

Don Dwiggins
Advanced Publishing Technology