there's a recipe for views, including DDL,  here:

http://www.sqlalchemy.org/trac/wiki/UsageRecipes/Views

another way to go would be to alter the compilation of
sqlalchemy.schema.DropTable which would somehow have to check those Table
objects you have which are actually views, maybe if you put a flag on them
table.isview=True or something like that.