There's an outparam() construct specifically for Oracle OUT parameters.

Here's an example:

        from sqlalchemy import text, bindparam, outparam

        result = \
            db.execute(text('begin foo(:x_in, :x_out, :y_out, '
                               ':z_out); end;',
                               bindparams=[bindparam('x_in', Float),
                               outparam('x_out', Integer),
                               outparam('y_out', Float),