Hi everyone!

I'm currently working on a query that makes the (rather bad) MySQL
optimizer choke. After running EXPLAIN, I noticed that MySQL was taking a
pretty long time to optimize it (about 130 seconds) and was then producing
a rather unintuitive join order. I tried replacing the JOIN operators by
STRAIGHT_JOIN which is the MySQL way to force the  join order to be the one
used in the query, and that happened to yield a very good execution time.

My problem now is that, after several hours of searching the Internet, I
haven't found a way to make SQLAlchemy generate STRAIGHT_JOIN instead of
the usual JOIN. This should be no problem, as STRAIGHT_JOIN has essentially
the same semantics as JOIN (it should produce exactly the same result set)
but I don't find a way to do it with SQLAlchemy.

Any suggestions on how to achieve this will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Martín