I'm writing code that I'd like to be "dialect-free" as much as possible; I'll be using at least MS SQL and PostgreSQL databases with "equivalent" schemas. In the MS DBs, there are stored procedures that have OUT parameters. The only way that I've found in some web searching to get the values of these parameters is to code direct SQL execs, followed by Selects of the output values. Has anyone come up with a better way?

Thanks,
--

Don Dwiggins
Advanced Publishing Technology