Hi All

If I have a Column() object, is there a way of determining the sqlalchemy type
from the dialect specific type?  e.g. I have a Postgres TIMESTAMP column, and I
want to be able to map that back the a sqa DateTime type.  Why?  If I want to
automatically clone tables from one database to another (of different types) I
can't simply clone the table metadata and use it to table.create in the
destination engine.  In my case source is MySQL destination is Postgres and it
fails (correctly) saying that it does not know what a datetime type is.
(Because it's using the MySQL dialect DATETIME not sqa DateTime as the basis of
the column.  Effectively, I want to reverse engineer the creation of the column.

Cheers
Warwick

Warwick Prince
Managing Director