On Sep 3, 2012, at 11:22 AM, Eric Lemoine wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 4:29 PM, Michael Bayer <mike...@zzzcomputing.com>
> wrote:
>> oh.  yeah it's going to have to not do that.     try out tip, it will only
>> put the type expression on those columns being delivered to the result (i.e.
>> the outermost).
>
> I didn't think you'd fix that one. You rock. Thanks.

yeah the whole system is based on the ability to know when a column is being
rendered "for the result", i.e. the top level, so as these SQL functions are to
augment the usual "process_result_value()" system it follows that these "in-SQL
processing" functions only need to be at that level as well.    It was a one
line change.

just one of a zillion little details that took years to get right....