On Sep 21, 2012, at 12:59 PM, Michael Bayer <mike...@zzzcomputing.com> wrote:

> on your create_engine(), set "echo='debug'".  it will show you all the
> catalog queries being emitted as well as the result rows that are being
> received for each one.

Perfect! This allowed me to track down the problem. It turns out those tables,
though *visible* to the user, were not *owned* by that user; they were owned by
some other user (I think this particular schema was actually the result of an
old data pump export/import process), and the reflection process only returns
tables that are owned by the connected user. Now I'm off to track down the best
way to fix this table ownership issue. Thanks a ton!

--Hank