Hello list,

I don't think my brain is currently capable of figuring out the SQL itself, let alone how to do it with SQLA.

I've got the following models:

City
Location
Item
Category

Location belongs to one of many Cities via simple Location.city_id foreign key Location belongs to one or more Categories via LocationCategoryAssoc relationship(secondary) many-to-many Item belongs to one or more Location via LocationItemAssoc relationship(secondary) many-to-many

I need to list Items that:
- have Item.some_flag == True
- are present in Location X  (have relationship with Location.id == X)
- belong to Category Y (have relationship with Category.category_id == Y)

Affected properties:

City.city_id
Category.category_id

Location.city_id

LocationCategoryAssoc.location_id       (fkey to Location)
LocationCategoryAssoc.category_id     (fkey to Category)

LocationItemAssoc.location_id     (fkey to Location)
LocationItemAssoc.item_id          (fkey to Item)

Item.some_flag

The Item.some_flag == True is simple, of course, but I'm not sure how to construct the query, joins and filters for the rest. The result I want is a list of Item instances.

Many thanks.

--

.oO V Oo.

Work Hard,