I'm looking for details on implementing an audit table, either through sqla
itself or in a way that plays nicely with sqla. It looks like there used to
be an implementation of something like that at
http://www.sqlalchemy.org/trac/wiki/UsageRecipes/LogVersions, does anyone
know where that code lives now?

I figure there is probably a way to define the history table entirely in
sqla, or perhaps preferably with db triggers. I'm using *PostgreSQL* / the
trigger option is certainly available. If I go the trigger route ... is
there a way to still have access to the history table object through sqla?
I suppose I create a mapping to that table?

To illustrate the scenario, say I have a bank_account table:

bank_account
 - id
 - balance

And a history table for it:

bank_account_history
 - bid
 - timestamp
 - balance

Should the history table implementation be done in sqla or should it be a
db trigger with a sqla mapping? Either way I want to read from the history
table with SQLA. Any pointers appreciated!