On 11/18/2012 03:48 PM, Michael Bayer wrote:
There's a lot of documentation on this, not sure how you're not finding it,
unless you're not using 0.8 (which is required):

1. documentation for SQL bind/result column processing:
http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/latest/core/types.html#types-sql-value-processing

2. a full example using PostGIS:
http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/latest/orm/examples.html#examples-postgis   (this
example has an ORM-centric version in 0.7 too, which is no longer current..)

3. geoalchemy is pretty relevant since you can read its source (current tip
uses new techniques) to see how they are doing it.

Thanks for your reply.

I guess I'll have to try it with 0.8 then because the examples I tried do not, indeed, work for 0.7.9, or I'm doing something wrong. I did check geoalchemy source but just couldn't figure it out myself.

Thanks,