If you are only after storage (leaving aside querying, indexing, ...)
a simple JSON column [1] could do. The advantage being portability
between databases. I've used this to as simple key-value store of data
associated with a row.
regards
robert

[1] http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/rel_0_8/core/types.html#marshal-json-strings