On 31/12/2012 23:24, alonn wrote:
I'm using sqlalchemy orm (with turbogears) to write data from a web application to an mssql 2005 Db (used by another application, not maintained by me). after dealing with a serious case of data corruption (basically because of user data including the "." sign).
Can you give more detail on how a "." (point/full stop) in user data corrupted your database.

A point is valid data in lots of situations, so should not cause you problems.

Werner