Thanks for the 'join' tip!

From: sqlalchemy@googlegroups.com [mailto:sqlalchemy@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Wichert Akkerman
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 11:47 AM
To: sqlalchemy@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [sqlalchemy] Couple of questions about filtering...

On Jan 22, 2013, at 08:26 , Alexey Vihorev <viho...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi. Couple of questions...

1. Does SQLA support "deep filtering", i.e. something like this:

query(Invoice).filter(Invoice.Customer.Country.name=='France')

You'll need to use a join to do this:

    query(Invoice).join(Customer).join(Country).filter(Country.name ==
'France')

2.Can I use hybrid properties for filtering? I tried to do that, but that's
what I got:

[..]

p = Person('John', 'Doe')

s.commit()

res = s.query(Person).filter(Person.full_name=='John Doe').all()

output:

Person.first_name Person.last_name

[]

Note that you never added p to the session, so it was never stored. Try
this:

    p = Person('John', 'Doe')

    s.add(p)

    print s.query(Person).all()