-----Original Message-----
From: sqlalchemy@googlegroups.com [mailto:sqlalchemy@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Werner
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 2:00 PM
To: sqlalchemy@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [sqlalchemy] Couple of questions about filtering...

On 23/01/2013 07:47, Alexey Vihorev wrote:
> Ok, I've set up a complete test case: http://pastebin.com/W08w6Hg6
That throws an exception:
TypeError: getattr(): attribute name must be string File
"h:\devProjectsT\aaTests\aaMisc\AlexeyVihorev\sahybrid-org.py",
line 67, in <module>
   res = s.query(Payable).filter(Payable.value==order).all() #this does not
File
"c:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\sqlalchemy-0.7.9-py2.7.egg\sqlalchemy\ext\hyb
rid.py",
line 681, in __get__
   return self.expr(owner)
File "h:\devProjectsT\aaTests\aaMisc\AlexeyVihorev\sahybrid-org.py",
line 46, in value
   return getattr(self, self.type)

Indeed it does! That's the whole point :)

>I am not an expert on these things but shouldn't you maybe use the
following instead of hybrid_property:
>http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/latest/orm/inheritance.html

Thanks for the suggestion, but I can't: sometimes the entities linked are
completely unrelated, sometimes there need to be several of such  'unions'
with different contents, etc. That's why I'm trying to implement something
more universal. And yes, I've read this
http://techspot.zzzeek.org/2007/05/29/polymorphic-associations-with-sqlalche
my/