oh.  I saw you talking about "at least one" and "exists" and thought you had a
more complex query.    contains_eager() doesn't impact what's queried, only how
results are used with the resulting objects, and is usually used with join(),
just like this:

session.query(Person).\
    join(Person.visited_destinations, VisitedDestinations.town).\
    options(contains_eager(Person.visited_destinations,
VisitedDestinations.town)).\
    filter(Town.name.in_(['Atlanta', 'Memphis']))