On Monday, 4 March 2013 12:33:33 UTC-7, Michael Bayer wrote:

> On Mar 4, 2013, at 2:21 PM, brent <bped...@gmail.com <javascript:>> wrote:
>

> I found this in the archives:
> https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/sqlalchemy/EUyt8HUzJC8
> are things still the same?
>

> Sort of, I moved SQLSoup out to its own project some time back, and its
> really a pretty simple library (and you already wrote almost the same thing
> yourself).    its one source file, so I'd recommend just reading through it
> and subclassing/hacking as needed…

Yes, that looks like the best route. FWIW, if you change this line:
https://bitbucket.org/zzzeek/sqlsoup/src/0ac4a0af81b4a8af9755cae92fc5267d347e2248/sqlsoup.py?at=default#cl-348

to add " and not 'primary_key' in mapper_args"

then it's much simpler to subclass, grab some "fake" pk columns in
SubClass.map_to(), add them to mapper_args and then send on to
SQLSoup.map_to()
Thanks for the reply, and the software.